Mouse Guard: What You Fight For
|Age: 33||Parents: Allyn & Maura|
|Home: Grasslake||Senior: Kelwyn the Insectrist|
|Fur Color: Brown||Mentor:Hunter|
|Rank: Patrol Guard||Enemy: Goryn the Magistrate|
|Cloak: Deep Orange||Friend: Timook the Fletcher|
|Raw Abilities||Rating||Special Abilities||Rating|
- Belief: Hunting predators improves the quality of life for mice
in the Territories.
- Instinct: Aim twice, fire once.
- Skills: Militarist 2, Hunter 6, Insectrist 3, Persuader 2, Weather Watcher 2, Pathfinder 3, Scout 4, Turtle-wise 2, Archery-wise 2, Lake-wise 2
- Traits: Nimble (1), Scarred (2)
- Gear: Bow, quiver, arrows, sword, cloak
Bastian has been a patrol guard since 1138. His specialty is hunting predators. Unlike his fellow guardmice who tend to avoid them unless a conflict is necessary, this orange-cloaked mouse feels that killing beasts known to eat mice and prevent their settling in the territories makes life better for all mouse-kind. His determination earned him a few battle scars, but none serious enough to deter him yet.
During the winter of 1152, Bastian went with his patrol to the settlements of Elmwood, Whitepine, Dawnrock, Thistledown and Wildseed to gather supplies. The following spring, Bastian and Delvin were sent by Gwendolyn to hunt down a snapping turtle attacking the settlement of Grasslake. He peppered the turtle full of arrows so Delvin could slay it by slashing it across the throat.